Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > If I buy a new 16GB SD card and purchas...
If I buy a new 16GB SD card and purchase a new update for my DS 708....

2061 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2016-10-17 06:50:18

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-10-17 05:35:29
     and save my old SD card and software as is , Support, Can my older DS708 software SD card still work ok and not become  corrupted when  I chose to ever use  the old card in it and run it every so often on something and possibly compare functionality of current software to 2 year old software ?
       Will the old PC software suite I used 2 years ago on my PC to update my DS708, that I still print things from my DS708 still work again with updating the DS708 newer software, or do I need to down load a later version PC suite?
    file:  DSCF1727.JPG

•   Level 5   
    (243) points
    FX4

2016-10-17 06:50:18 (Reply to:witsend)

Hey Witsend, Long time no chat. I can answer this for you but will also be looking for their answer. As soon as you run the update software on your computer it will update itself and you won't have the old version. I know this from experience. As far as the SD card with the old versions working in the DS708 I have never had any issues going back to the older versions. I bet I have 20 different SD cards for mine. I never update the current card, I save it intact and update a new blank SD card and the older ones have always still worked. Just like on my new DS708 (Yep I have 2 of them) I still use for 9.11 because 9.13 does not have the data formatted correctly. Example: the PID STORED KEYS should say "2". version 9.13 would say "2.00". It has decimal places for just about every number you look at. SO COME ON AUTEL, UPDATE FORD ALREADY !!!!!! BTW: you can buy a brand new DS708 WITH a year of updates for not much more than just the updates alone will cost you and keep your old one intact. That's what I did and is the reason I have 2 of them. I use the new one on everything BUT ford and still use my old one on ford vehicles.
    Thanks
    D

Total1 Pages